The Contest’s governing Board shall have the sole discretion to determine whether, in its judgment, the
Queen, Alternate or Contestants may continue to participate in the Program, in the event that the Board
determines that any statement or representation is not true and accurate, or that any action is
inconsistent with the rules, standards and dignity of the Program.
The following will be considered violations of the Policy and will be grounds for immediate
disqualification, dismissal and/or being banned from future Queen competitions:
1. Any infractions of any Queen Contest rules.
2. Smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages, chewing gum, foul language and/or public displays of affection
to dates/boyfriends while wearing crown and/or sash and representing the Queen Program.
3. Engagement in any illegal, unpartisan, unethical, indecent and/or morally questionable behavior,
including but not limited to online representations on the Internet such as social networking sites
(Facebook and MySpace).
4. Use of any illegal controlled dangerous substances or abusing the use of alcohol or other dangerous
5. Any defamation of the Queen Contest, its winners and contestants, and the Fair or the PA Fair Queen
Program and their Directors and Committee members, whether it be oral or written. This includes
postings on the Internet.
6. Any uncooperative or unsportsmanlike conduct before, during or after the competition.
7. Appearing in crown and banner at any event without an official invitation from an authorized event
coordinator or event board member.
Wearing of the Fair Queen crown and/or sash is to be considered an honor and privilege. The bearer is
now an ambassador representing herself, her family, her community and Fair. While fashion styles may
change, good taste does not! Therefore responsible, appropriate and professional appearance is
expected while the Queen is wearing her crown and sash
** As set forth by the Fair Queen Committee dependent upon weather and function. Closed toed shoes
in all live stock areas.